VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Anyone Interested in a new version of myUI? COMING SOON!

Well, it's been a while since my last update. There have been a few updates to the game and client since then as well. I've made promises about features that I plan to add.

And now it's finally time to make good on those features and fix the problems that have been introduced with recent game patches.

And, now's the time to make your requests for things that you feel have been missing from myUI!

It will be GU4 ready. It will fix problems that were introduced from GU3 and later patches. A healer buffbar has been already added. A scrollable bufflist window, so that when you have too many buffs you can scroll through the list so it won't cover up other windows; the bufflist window is now sizable as well so you can make it as big or small as you need. The target HUD has been reworked to make it flow better, and reduced in width a little bit to fit in the same area as the hotkey bars and xp bar. The target buffs and debuffs have been separated out in to their own windows. the debuff list has a toggle so that you can switch between seeing your own debuffs on the mob, or all debuffs on the mob, and it uses the same window space--you only have to move and position one window! The Diplomacy XP gauge has been fixed so that the XP bar shows the whole length of the gauge. HP's and Energy windows have been fixed so that you can see more than 10,000 HPs or Energy. And many other little things that I either can't remember or want to keep as a surprise for now

So, if you're interested in using myUI, for the first time, or again, please post and let me know what you have had problems with so that I can get it fixed before the next public release. I have fixed everything I had on my list and everything is done that's mentioned above, but it's being tested by a few close friends, so if you want something fixed or added--now's the time to speak up

Happy Gaming,
Xndyr
Old 02-23-2008, 01:51 PM

ya that would be sweet,i edited some like adding claim window,but overall worked well, from your list looks like your updated for GU4,nice UI

Mormac
Old 02-23-2008, 06:01 PM

OMG Finally an update for MY. I and all friends use it. Great UI.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 PM

Well, not as much interest as I had hoped for, but nonetheless, those of you who are interested won't be disappointed.

myUI has inspired many other UI's, even CoreUI3. myUI has improved performance over the Default UI, by reducing the graphic footprint of several default textures and reducing the amount of inefficient XML files found in the default.

New Enhancements:

Improved quest log Journal, that now shows all 50 quests in a scrollable window. Includes graphical (icon) representation for each sphere and difficulty level of the quests in the journal: Diplomacy quests are indicated by a Ink Quill, Crafting quests are indicated by an Anvil. Adventuring quests have several icons: A single sword for solo quests, a sword with 3 dots for a small group, a sword with a Star for full group quests, and a Raid Star for Elite and Raid quests.

Healer helper/buffer hotbar: The group window now has a healer hotbar that shows 4 hotkeys for each group member that can be used to place rescues, heals and buffs to be cast on a per-group member basis. Clicking on the button will automatically target that group member before casting the spell. the icons appear right underneath each group member, and can be toggled on and off to suit your needs. And unique to myUI, you can even turn off individual group member hotbars--so that if you're in a small group, you can keep only the hotbars visible for the members of your group, without cluttering up the visible area of your screen.

I've skinned the casting bar and added a countdown timer as part of the progress bar. Now you can tell exaclty how long the spell takes to cast (helpful for ensuring that your spell refresh hastes are active).

Stay tuned for more images that show some of these new features in action.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:29 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

Great to see you working on MyUI again Xndyr! And yeah, some screenies to look at would be nice.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xndyr
Well, not as much interest as I had hoped for, but nonetheless, those of you who are interested won't be disappointed.
There's interest, believe me. I think because you were afk so long, most players haven't been coming here too often and probably missed the posts you've made lately.

Many in my guild use your mod an are eagerly waiting for your updates
Old 02-27-2008, 06:31 PM

Looking forward to this new version. Been testing all sort of UI's so far, but most seems to be a bit outdated, not updated in a while, they seem to work though. Anyway, looking forward to give this a try when/if it comes out.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:29 PM

Very much looking forward to an updated release! And welcome back!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:19 PM

Strange, I posted a screenshot last night, but it doesn't seem to have stayed put... so I'm reposting it.

I have included in this post a screenshot of the latest changes to the Journal. I didn't want to make any dramatic changes, because I have always felt that Drox did a great job in the Journal window that he included in his UI mod.

However, I wanted to add a graphical representation of the sphere and difficulty of a quest. So, I think i've done a good job of capturing with jsut one icon per quest, the sphere and difficulty. in the attached screenie, you can see diplomacy quests, solo group quests, small group and full group quests. the crafting icon isn't seen, (becuase I didn't have any crafting quests in my journal at the time), but it is represented with an anvil. Also, an epic quest or raid quest is not visible but will be represented by a RaidStar Icon.

Also, i wanted to make sure that the journal included in myUI is up to date for the latest game updates, (the main thing was reflecting the max number of quests in the journal, and a few other minor adjustments). And then, I liked that the default journal showed quest level in relation to your own level with a color, but Drox was just showing the numerical value. I wanted to display both. So, I have included a color coded quest level next to the icon, that resides on top of a small shaded background, so you can see "con" color as well as level for every quest.

So, I hope you like this preview, and keep checking back for more screenshots as we get closer to GU4 release (my target for releasing myUI v3.0).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewQuestJournal.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	548  
Old 03-01-2008, 05:39 AM

Very nice. I will be interested to see the full working version.