VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Interface Help

Old 06-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kava
Pardon me for my ignorance/misunderstanding, but I've never messed with XML files before, and don't want to mess something up.

If I wanted to map keys to my vertical hotbars (hotbars 1, 2 and 3) using, say, the existing maps on the horizontal hotbars, which files would I need to open and edit? I went to :\Program Files\Sony\Vanguard\VGUIAssets\Shells\DroxUI\Windo ws and found what I would assume to be the correct XML files, but again, since I'm not 100% sure, I dont want to change anything.

Thanks for your help and time, I do appreciate it!
You'll need to edit only the user.ini file, but you'll need to find the names of the hotbars by looking in the file that defines the vertical ones. See the details in the first post on this thread for what to look for and change.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Hotbar Right Side

I am trying to change the Hotbar Right Side in to the primary one. Since I use the default UI it should be easy, but somewhere along the way I seem to go wrong.

When I look in to VGUIHotkeys.xml, I find the "Hotbar Right Side" with the searchKey "hotkeys_rightv0". If I understood it correctly, I should just need to change the name in user.ini from

Aliases[39]=(Command="SGOUI HOTKEY 1 m_wb",Alias="Hotkey01")
to
Aliases[39]=(Command="SGOUI HOTKEY 1 hotkeys_rightv0",Alias="Hotkey01")

But this only seems make the primary bar hotkey bindings empty.
Any ideas?

Sincerely,
/Thunderstump
Old 10-08-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Keybinds

I am interested in binding the following keys

u i o p
j k l ;
m , . /

shift +
u i o p
j k l ;
m , . /

alt +
u i o p
j k l ;
m , . /

ctrl +
u i o p
j k l ;
m , . /

Where can I find a list of the numeric key codes for these? If possible, a link with all numeric values for my entire keyboard would be nice.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:19 AM

After reading, I am confused with the 3x4 hotbars. I want to map '1', '2', etc to the 3x4 hotbar, slot 1. I want my first 3x4 hotbar to be my main hotbar. I tried changing it, but the game doesn't load, so obviously I am doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me how to do the first one or give me some hints? Thanks.

Heres what i'm trying:
Bindings[156]=(Key=49,Ctrl=True,Alt=True,Shift=False,Command="3 x4Bar1R1K1") Aliases[159]=(Command="SGOUI HOTKEY 1 wb_3x4_1_r1",Alias="3x4Bar1R1K1")
Old 03-21-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Bindings for the Saitek?

Howdy, Stelknecht here from Saradon.
I had to discontinue use of Celesta due to lack of support for GU4, so I converted to the DroxUI which works really well to simulate the face of the interface I wanted. I like the centerbottom minimap, keybanks left and right of it, and the chatboxes on the outside left and right, which is easy to do with Drox (Thanks drox!)

I'm also a gadget junkie, and am planning on purchasing the N52TE or the Saitek Cyborg Commander for use as a lefthand keypad. I totally dig the idea of the specific button setup for the keypad, the way drox has it set up for the N52, but I was wondering if I'll be able to directly bind the Cyborg the same way. I don't see any .. uh what the hell were they called, "windows identifiers" WindowBank searchKey for writing the aliases for a Cyborg. Would they be hard to add, or figure out?

This will affect my purchase as I'm mostly interested in a keypad for Vanguard gaming and want to be able to bind it directly.

Thanks for any feedback, information or ideas.
STEL!

Last edited by Stelknecht : 03-21-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:19 PM

On a game pad you set up the buttons to mimic a specific button configeration you would normally use on the keyboard. For example, on my N52 the first button is Control + Shift + A. In this way you are not really binding the keys of the outside device, but binding a normal keyboard element which the outside device enables you to perform in 1 click.

I hope this helps!
Old 03-22-2008, 12:18 AM

Yep, this works fine, and is what I have set up now. I just thought there might be some advantage to binding directly (as drox has them listed as aliases in the first post) although likely it would only be percievable to someone with substantially better reflexes than me (I'm a little faster than melting butter, but not much).
Thanks for the response!
Stel!