VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Interface Help

Old 05-27-2010, 07:46 PM

Default New player figuring things out

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped keep these user interfaces up to date over the years. I played Vanguard back in beta and recently picked it up again to kill some time. It really brings me back to the old EQ days where I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing and I seemingly invent new ways to kill myself every day.

Anyways, I'm rocking out with the Core 1.7.1 UI, and I've applied most (if not all) of the patches. Everything seems to be in working order now except the character window for appearance gear is not loading properly. Does one of the patches cover the appearance window (I might have missed something) or am I just out of luck. (not like it's a huge deal anyway)

Thanks in advance.~
Old 05-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Best bet

Your best bet is using a UI that is still maintained by the dev that created it. There is a list of maintained UI here.

If you like core, might want to look into Drox.
I worked on the core ui awhile back and I think i did a fix for that window but of the top of my head I couldnt tell you for sure. Your best bet is to look thru all the patches if you are thinking about sticking with core, but not my advice honestly.
  • A complete graphic and code re-write of the Vanguard UI to lend towards the high fantasy feeling.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:51 PM

Oh, I did use all the Core patches and it's working really well. I checked out the other UIs, but none of them gave me the feel I was looking for. The only issue I've noticed in core atm is that character window, but I just wanted to double check that it hadn't been fixed.