VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Interface Help

Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Reaction Bar help?

Is there a way to lock the icons on the reaction hotbars, the mount hotbars and the weapon hotbars (in CoreUI specifically but happens in all of them I have tried even default) where they do not drag off even though the lock hotbars is on? The regular hotbars work fine when locked; you cannot drag the icon off the button. Half the time I miss reactions because even a slight movement of the mouse causes the icon to lift off the reaction bars and the ability doesn't fire. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Starcrusher : 12-31-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM

I haven't been able to find the specific code within the default client side xml files for the lock hotbars command. Not even sure that command exists client side, but if it does, it's not immediately obvious.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 AM

I don't use Core, but somewhere in your <Game>/VGUIAssets/Shells/<Addon>/Windows/ directory there should be a file that represents the reactions window.

In that file there should be a section which defines the reaction entry; there may be multiple definitions, for Rescues, Sympathetic, etc. For each entry definition there will be a bit of code which determines mouse behavior for the element.

Code:
<Action event="_begin_drag" senderName="#SetAsSender">
	<Notifications>
		<Message>ABILITYSLOT_DRAG</Message>
	</Notifications>
</Action>
You'll want to comment out that bit, so that it looks like this:

Code:
<!--<Action event="_begin_drag" senderName="#SetAsSender">
	<Notifications>
		<Message>ABILITYSLOT_DRAG</Message>
	</Notifications>
</Action>-->
The
Code:
<!--
begins commenting out, and the
Code:
-->
ends it. If there are any other comments within that bit, you'll need to delete them; you can't nest comments.

You'll do the same for any other elements (weapons, bags, etc.) which you don't want to be able to drag. Just find their respective .xml files and search for any definition which has ABILITYSLOT_DRAG in it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Furiant : 01-02-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:55 PM

Thanks Furiant. That is certainly a way to do it. I was referring to the code for the Lock Hotbar check box in the settings/Interface section, to see if there was a way to tell it to enable/disable hotbar locking for the custom weapons bar within Core and the reactions bar as well as for the hotbars (which it already sets).
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM

I see now.

Perhaps you could use a state control to check for whether the hotbar (or ui, failing that) is locked, then define drag behavior if it isn't. Probably you've already thought of that.

In any case, I find no compelling reason for my reactions to be draggable at all, so simply removing that code from the reaction entry definition proved reasonable for me. If I need to create a hotbar instance of it, I can always use the icon from the spellbook.

Ideally the reaction buttons would share the hotbar behavior, and you'd need to click-and-hold to activate drag mode, but I'm guessing that's scripted in a way that isn't accessible to us. Unfortunately the button template internals seem to be pretty opaque (text format, cooldown tracking, etc.).

Would love to know what you come up with.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 PM

I think your solution is a fine one, particularly when you see no need for the hotbar icons to ever be dragged off - the reaction hotbars are prime example of that. Not sure about the weapons bar though.

I had wondered about using the <Action perform="CommentNode... or UnCommentNode ... commands linked to a new lock custom hotbars checkbox in the UICustomizer. That would do the same thing as your suggestion to comment out the various lines, only all in one go, or for each hotbar I added as a separate checkbox, but you'd have to run the Customizer everytime you wanted to lock or unlock particular hotbars.

Last edited by Rufin : 01-02-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 AM

Yep that fixed the reaction bars and that was the most important. Thank you very much! I could not find a similar place to fix the mount and weapon bars though.

Last edited by Starcrusher : 01-03-2013 at 08:23 PM.