VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Interface Help

Old 09-14-2012, 10:02 AM

Default VG crashes with CoreUI, need help

I am using CoreUI for some years now and it always worked fine. But when SOE launched F2P, Vanguard got the regular habit to crash to desktop when i do alot of chunking or use riftways.

I reinstalled VG and played with the default UI and I had no problems at all, but after i switched to the CoreUI (Rufins CoreUI this time) the problems came back.

I noticed some minor things that occur when i use a riftway or travel from one chunk to another:
  • increased loading time for the new chunk
  • the game graphics seem to build up differently (somehow i see the grid of structures first and then the textures are loaded)
  • when i see my character again in the new zone, the game moves like a dia-show (even when i'm standing still and don't move the camera), this effect disappears after ca. 20 seconds and i can move normally again.
The Pc has an Intel Core Duo CPU with 3GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 250 and WinXP SP3.

I really would like to stay with the CoreUI, but i can't figure out which part of the UI causes those crashes.
I tried to comment out some parts of the UI, but with no luck. Maybe someone out there can help me.
Attached Files
File Type: xml index.xml (7.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

From the Index file you have posted, it looks like you are using the update I posted with some incorrections in the UICustomizer code. Can you rename your entire CoreUI3 folder (the one in .../VGUIAssets/Shells), then download my original version of CoreUI+ and then the revised update v2.1 that I posted up this morning. As before copy the coreUI3 folder fron the first download into .../VGUIAssets/Shells and then copy the files and folders from the update downloaded CoreUI3 folder (so Index and skininfo.xml files plus the Textures, UICustomizer and Xml folders) into the CoreUI3 folder in .../VGUIAsstes/Shells, overwriting all files that it asks if you want to replace or not.

Run the UI Customizer before starting the game and make your selections then see if you are still having the same issues.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:16 PM

Thanks Rufin,
I followed your advice and reinstalled your core ui and added the update.
I will give it a test run tonight.

Btw, i noticed your UI still uses the standard graphics for the bags (brown background and slightly larger), could you please add the "old" core bag graphics.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:48 PM

Sorry Rufin, but that didn't do the trick. After rifting from Afrit to Tanvu to Renton Keep, I tried to rift to CW and crashed to desktop.

Any other idea?

And sorry for the double post, but you can't attach a file by editing the old one.
Attached Files
File Type: xml index.xml (7.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-14-2012, 01:59 PM

Hmm, you were able to rift 3 times, but the 4th caused you to crash. Not sure if this is something in my code or not, but will look over the weekend and see if I can find anything that might be causing this to happen.

For the bags, it appears to me that Core has been using the VGUIInventory and it's template for a while now. Are you referring to Nadger's original CoreUI?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:41 PM

There are times when i can use riftways more then 3 times. Sometimes i can enter the new chunk and crash then and there (maybe depending on the amount of information that need to be processed) and sometimes i just click the target on the riftmap and crash at the actual riftway.

For the inventory, i have attached the old xml files i was refering to. Maybe you want to check them out. (The files you got in your UI in the xml folder seems to be just a plain copy of the default UI.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Inventory.zip (5.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbo
For the inventory, i have attached the old xml files i was refering to. Maybe you want to check them out. (The files you got in your UI in the xml folder seems to be just a plain copy of the default UI.)
I'm not sure I understand what about the bags you are referring to. Do you have a screenshot of the "old" bags you are talking about.

It's been a while, but as far as I remember, CoreUI never had custom bags. I think I made them smaller then the default (at the time) but I don't remember every changing the graphics.

NM, I think I know what you are talking about. I can fix that to make it consistant with the rest of the UI. It probably got changed when someone updated CoreUI to work with the larger bags or something like that.

Last edited by techywarrior : 09-14-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:00 PM

Here is some updated XML files that will make the bags match the rest of the UI.

Just drop these files into your CoreUI3 folder overwriting as needed. You will probably need to run the UICustomizer again to set some options back how you wanted them (like which HUD, etc you use)
Attached Files
File Type: zip inv_patch.zip (7.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-15-2012, 02:09 AM

Thanks Techywarrior, but i had included them myself already.

I attached a picture of the bag-graphics i was refering to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coreui_bags.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	822  
Old 09-15-2012, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the screenshot. It's been over 4 years since I last maintained CoreUI so some things I forgot.

The previous files I posted to fix tha bags back to how they looked before had one thing missing and a minor error.

You can't just use the files from the original CoreUI as the game has been updated to include some functionality that those files are missing.

Attached is a fully compatible bag files with the original intended CoreUI look to them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip inv_update2.zip (7.8 KB, 12 views)