VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Interface Requests

Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 PM

Default I would like to update ManicUI for FTP, but have no clue how

As the title of the post says. I'm very attached to this UI, as I like the art elements of the default UI that it combines with much better hotbars and buff windows.

Anyway, It was working fine up until FTP, so if someone could walk me through the dummy guide for getting the right stuff updated, I'd love that! I have been using Drox since the update, so if its just a matter of copying files, I can borrow them from Alimora's drox update.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:50 PM

Some poking around in the xml files has given me a bit of insight. It would appear that all I have to do is add the appropriate file from the default UI to the index file of Manic. As long as I have found the appropriate file (VGUICommerceWnd), I have added it in what I assume is the correct location (exactly where it goes in the default index file), yet I'm not getting the button. I assume I've done something wrong, as this has all been guess work and speculation.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:47 AM

Further experimenting leads me to believe that there is a file somewhere in Manic that is overwriting or otherwise preventing the SC Marketplace button from loading. Either that, or it is loading, and I'm just missing the texture to display it, and therefore not seeing it.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm not very good at this, and it's late. I shall resume experimenting in the morning.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator
VGInterface Super Mod

Send a message via MSN to Chanteur

I updated the files for you, attached them to this message. Just to let you know of the changes I made I also included them here.

Index.xml
Code:
Added the following in the mentioned section

<GameplayWindows directory="../Default/Windows">
          <Window filename="VGUICommerceWnd.xml"/>
</GameplayWindows>
Skininfo.xml
Code:
<AnimationDefinitions directory="../default/Textures">
        <AnimationDefinition filename="VgrdParts05.xml"/>
        <AnimationDefinition filename="VgrdParts06.xml"/>
</AnimationDefinitions>
Those changes should get the marketplace window to show up. Let me know if there are any issues.

This is assuming your using the ManicUI Re-Release version uploaded on 08-05-2010 (http://vginterface.com/downloads...e-Release.html)
Attached Files
File Type: xml Index.xml (8.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: xml SkinInfo.xml (3.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 08-27-2012, 09:54 AM

Thanks, I was just coming here to say Rufin helped me on the main VG forums. I had indeed added the commerce stuff, but didn't know about the textures. Everything is working fine now!
Unread 09-21-2012, 12:10 AM

Unrelated to my previous problem, I'm having trouble getting Mothers crafting to work. I can get as far as the crafting window, but before I can hit anything it freezes.