VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default CoreUI 3.0 r1.3 GU4

CoreUI3 r1.2
by Nadger

Please use this thread for all discussion and bug reports for CoreUI3.

Known Issues

• Missing Items label in Crafting Recipies window is buggy, I can not fix it because im using it in a way it was not intended to be used
  • +- buttons in Layout mode dont save when you log out. I can not fix this, its something you'll have to ask sony for. /bug them asking them to fix the /uiwinscale command so it saves.
  • In both crafting windows sometimes the actions can appear in the wrong column. Nothing I can do about this, normally caused when the user mouses over several steps very quickly and the UI cant keep up.
  • In flash craft the button flashes and the tooltip window flashes while the cooldown is going. This was a necessary evil to get flashcraft to work the way it does.
  • Stance Changing Mainbar will not save its state. Nothing I can do about this unless sony fixes it.
  • If you place things near the edge of the screen or off the edge of the screen they will be moved when you log out and back in. There is nothing I can do to fix this. Its a SOE feature so you cant loose UI elements of the screen.
  • While using flashcraft, the text levels for fair, moderate, excellent etc are behind the icons. I can not fix this and maintain how little mouse movement flash craft requires. I suggest you switch to flow if this bothers you.
  • Quests get duplicated when you manually track them after using the sort buttons. Sort and manual track dont play nice together.

FAQ

Question:
The encounter list is only displaying 1 mob when im fighting 2! Help!
Answer
Yes, your current target is not listed in the encounter list due to performance reasons. If you are fighting 3 mobs, and you have one targeted, the 2 you dont have targeted will be listed in the encounter list while the one you have targeted is listed in the HUD.

Question:

I am running Vista and when I try and extract the CoreUI3 files it gives me a warning about potentialy harmful files.

Answer:
This is the default behaviour of Vista when it encounters unsigned .exe files. There is no virus or malware in the zip file. Right-clicking of the .zip file, and choose Properties. On the General tab, click on the Unblock button, and then Apply and OK. Then extract the files.

Question:
Can I map so and so hotbar to so and so key on my keyboard?
Answer:
They can be mapped by using the user.ini file but sony only allows 175 key bind limit. Currently in CoreUI all are being used.

Question:

Is there an icon that shows when I'm in an outpost?
Is there an icon that shows when I have mail?
Is there an icon that shows what the loot options are?
Answer:
All of these are next to your name in the group hud.

Question:
Do I have to use a G15 Keyboard or Nostromo N52 to use this mod?
Answer:
No, those are input devices that give more options than a normal keyboard. This UI just allows for those additional keys.

Question:
Why does my recall button disappear or add itself to my main hotbar?
Answer:
Blame Sony. It's a known problem and no way around it. You can either re-drag it out each time or make a macro:/cast "Recall to House" If your main hotbar is full it won't get added there.

Question:
Can the map have vertical and horizontal scrollbars?
Answer:
So far that's not been possible. Only Vertical and even then there were glitches that made it not usable.

Question:

I resize using /uiwinscale, save the layout, and the next time i login none of the sizes have saved... what gives?
Answer:
It's not possible. One more Sony flaw. In order to use /uiwinscale you have to change it in the xml. Otherwise changing it in game is only temporary.

Question:
Where is...
mounts, bags, hidebars, vertical/horizontal bars, (add the rest)
Answer:
Click on the toolbar for CoreUI options and click "On" next to the desired window

Question:
Can you add...
Answer:
I'm always open for suggestions. Currently I'm in the process of doing an offline solution that allows the end user to choose what they wanted added or changed in their UI. This allows for more choices but not a bloated UI.

Last edited by Nadger : 12-14-2007 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:36 AM

Great UI Nadger. One thing Ive run into. My Broker window doesnt allow me to change what class items I want to search for. The text "Class" is there but there is no drop down bar next to it.

2nd. How do we adjust offline to show HP/End etc in a numerical value? Maybe I just missed it.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howry
Great UI Nadger. One thing Ive run into. My Broker window doesnt allow me to change what class items I want to search for. The text "Class" is there but there is no drop down bar next to it.

2nd. How do we adjust offline to show HP/End etc in a numerical value? Maybe I just missed it.

Thanks!
Yeah the market window does not like its new friends and will bug out and hide some elements on some people's computers. Most people dont seem to have this problem but it does happen on certain configurations.

Thats what the Buggy Market Window? button is for. It will perform a /reloadui and most times that clears it up. if not, click the button again.

Run coreoptions.exe in the coreui3 folder and put a checkmark next to Numerical Values in the HUD section.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Thank you!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:49 AM

So, I just got CoreUI3 running on my setup, and figured taht I would post a screen for all to enjoy.

I wont give anything but a link, since the image is in full scale, and would be massive in the forums.

Anyways, Here it is

P.S. Yes, that is a Tri-Boxing configuration
Old 10-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Greate looking UI, I just wish I could go to a high resolution than 1440X900. It took some playing but I finally got things organized.

I can tell you one thing, with all the options and avaible button bars it will take a few days for most people to get things setup.

Greate work Nadger I bow in humility to your coding genius.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:39 PM

A fantastic UI Nadger! I love it. They only trifle I noticed is that there is no compass toggle. That's all.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:57 PM

Not sure if its just my install or not, but I have noticed on all three of my systems, that the exp bar background is not visible. the border is there for the part of the bar that is filled in, but where it would be "Empty" there is absolutely nothing.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:45 PM

With the patch today my buffs window stopped clearing the buffs that are expired. Otherwise everything seems to still work great.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svann
With the patch today my buffs window stopped clearing the buffs that are expired. Otherwise everything seems to still work great.
I just came here to say the same thing.