Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 09-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default myUI-k

Click here for the download!

Current version is: 7.12-k

Changes from the original myUI:

Functionality, visual, and window changes:
- Tabbed for stats on the character window. Thank you Sarrene both for the window, and the texture update to make it fit into myUI!

- Added Sarrene's Dark Mark Hotbar (If you don't like or want it comment it out in the index file by changing <Window filename="Dark_Mark.xml"/> to <!-- Window filename="Dark_Mark.xml"/ -->

- Added Holy, Planar, and Shadow resists to info window on the right top right of the screen. It's a little sloppy, but it works for now.

- Incorporated Soresha's MiniCards Mod (Thank you Soresha!) Found here!

- added Caly harvesting window found at: Caly Harvesting Display

- added maddycraft found at: Maddycraft

Performance:
- A lot of behind the scenes changes, to optimize performance and make the UI more modular. all files that myUI uses that are default pieces recoded, are now named VGUIName instead of myUI_name. This should make it a little easier for people to pick and choose what they want to use and what they don't. Send me a message here if you need help reverting something to default.

- Imported many files from default UI into the MyUI folder to optimize system resource usage-the bad news is: It's gonna take a little more hard drive space, but it's worth it. My memory usage went from 44-50 percent to 32-36.

Credits:
Thank you Sarrene for DarkMark and the inventory window update!
Thank you Xyndr for creation of myUI!
Thank you Calypsys for Caly harvesting window, a wonderful addition to the appearance of myUI!
Thank you Soresha and the Infomap team for Infomap and Diplomacy MiniCards!
Thank you Craeat and Sarrene for the assistance as I learn how to work with UIs!
Thank you MrChat for taking care of some of the updating while I wasn't around!
Thank you VGInterface for providing a way for us to share interfaces!!!!!

Last edited by Kerranda : 12-11-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:38 PM

maybe its just me but heres my problems:

layoutmode doesnt turn off via settings menu

group doesnt stay horizontal after you log, goes back to verticle

all group debuffs on target resets down to bottom of screen
Old 09-21-2009, 10:39 PM

also there are no direction arrows on group window.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:27 PM

Ok, the group window bug is present in multiple UIs, it's something to do with the way the group window comes from the server, it just won't let it be saved to use the horizontal one. I'll work on designing a stricly horizontal group window, or finding a way to beat the server's preference, until then... it's going to require that you just pop up the settings window, and manually change it. (The horizontal/vertical window not saving that is)

As far as the layout mode not shutting off from the settings window. Which settings window? (Both of mine work)

The group debuffs resetting to the bottom of the screen... again, mine stays where I put it. Are you using the hooked HUD, or the Unhooked HUD? What resolution are you using? Are you playing windowed, or unwindowed? The more information provided, the more likely I am to be able to figure out the problem.

Working on the missing image of direction to group members.

Last edited by Kerranda : 09-21-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 PM

In VGUIGroup.xml change:

Code:
    <Includes>
        <File>VGUIEncounterDisplayParts.xml</File>
    </Includes>
to:

Code:
    <Includes>
        <File>myUI_EncounterDisplayParts.xml</File>
    </Includes>
Sorry about that, it will be fixed on the next upload...
Old 09-22-2009, 12:29 AM

i always seem to have bugs with my ui's since i run the following mode:

windowed 1400 x 900

my exp bar in default won't stay at the very top, every camp it reverts 1 inch down from the top.

in myui-k everything is working great, i figured out the toggle window. only problem is the group window like you explained, and the debuff window. i'm thinking its because of my resolution/windowed mode.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerranda
Ok, the group window bug is present in multiple UIs, it's something to do with the way the group window comes from the server, it just won't let it be saved to use the horizontal one. I'll work on designing a stricly horizontal group window, or finding a way to beat the server's preference, until then... it's going to require that you just pop up the settings window, and manually change it. (The horizontal/vertical window not saving that is)

As far as the layout mode not shutting off from the settings window. Which settings window? (Both of mine work)

The group debuffs resetting to the bottom of the screen... again, mine stays where I put it. Are you using the hooked HUD, or the Unhooked HUD? What resolution are you using? Are you playing windowed, or unwindowed? The more information provided, the more likely I am to be able to figure out the problem.

Working on the missing image of direction to group members.
Boo!!!!

Just to throw some very old 2cents in here

As for the windows reseting, that's a long-standing problem with the client. There are a lot of random little bugs that never got cleaned out of the client, in the way that it reads the UI files themselves as well as the way that it saves settings between game sessions. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done to the client until the VG staff has the time to go back and identify and extinguish them. There are several old threads however about ways to try to reset your saved session (files) so that the client and better "read" them at the time of game startup.....

As for the horizontal group window comment... there is a way around this (and maybe it's already been mentioned lower in the thread), it just takes some recoding. The game can't save settings in a *new* window (one that it doesn't recognize as part of the default UI), so some of the new windows that I (and other modders created) don't really save their settings perfectly (specifically about hidden or unhidden, sometimes about size, etc). Usually the client will save the info, but not always. But I digress.... if you want the group window to be horizontal everytime you start the game, instead of having to use the toggle buttons or the CLI, you can just swap the two group-window "names" so that the default window loaded is the horizontal window instead of the vertical version... or in other words; currently the group window in myUI that loads first uses the original name for the group window (as recognized by the client in the default UI). The horizontal window has a new name. Just swap the two window names in the XML and then the horizontal will be the default and the vertical will be the one swapped to when you click the toggle button.

hope that helps

Last edited by Xndyr : 10-20-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:38 PM

I need from YOU! The users of MyUI-k:

Feature requests.

Bug Reports.

as many questions as you can ask, or have.

Checking those things Isriam. Keep watching.

Last edited by Kerranda : 09-21-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 PM

It bugs textures badly, AND occasionally it will BSOD when the screen gets so full of corrupt textures that it's spending all resources processing thye garbage. it might just be my system. I've been fighting with my video for days. New drivers aren't always a good idea.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:15 PM

It sounds like your video card has overheated and now fried.