VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 06-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaught
The Minion window is annoyingly large. Divorce the minion command buttons from the life/time remaining window. I would turn the minion command buttons off if I could. All the minion window really needs is the minion name and the time remaining. I would prefer time remaining be a % rather than a bar. Minion hitpoints are, for a necro at least, irrelavent.

Whatever tho, the minion window needs to be smaller.
After the druid revamp (and with a little help from Nadger) I made some changes to the CorePet.xml. I split the minion commands and minion status bars into 2 separate windows, so that the controls could be positioned near the rest of my hotkeys and the larger status window could be put elsewhere. Then I shrank the windows as far as possible.

I'm struggling to remember what else I did without examining the xml again. I think I also changed the appearance of the controls to match other parts of Core, and I may have rearranged some of the minion control buttons. I might have tweaked the pet window slightly too.

Anyway the attached file is what I'm using for my CorePet.xml, see what you think. It might at least give you a starting point.
Attached Files
File Type: xml CorePet-SoreshaMinimal.xml (32.8 KB, 104 views)

Old 06-04-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I would turn the minion command buttons off if I could. All the minion window really needs is the minion name and the time remaining. I would prefer time remaining be a % rather than a bar. Minion hitpoints are, for a necro at least, irrelavent.
I am curious how you make your minions attack if you removed the command buttons?

I will look at adding a percent for the time remaining but I think Nadger and I looked at that before and the variable wasn't there for display. If it is I will look at putting it on top or next to the bar but I think I am going to leave the bar in for those who want it.

Quote:
healer/buff hotbar for the raid groups. resizable just like the current group heal/buff hotbar.
I will add this to the list.

Quote:
I thought I had seen someone mention changing the raid groups, mking then automactically pop up when invited to a raid etc. The ok so long as each raid group can still be independently positioned.
Yes, I changed the raid groups to automatically appear when you are invited. Each of the raid group windows can be independently positioned in layout mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soresha
Anyway the attached file is what I'm using for my CorePet.xml, see what you think. It might at least give you a starting point.
Thanks Soresha. I will take a look at the changes and incorporate some/all the changes into CoreUI3.

Last edited by techywarrior : 06-04-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techywarrior
I am curious how you make your minions attack if you removed the command buttons?
I use a Macro.

/minion backoff
/pet backoff
/minion attack
/pet attack

The reason I say split the bar and command into different window is not every will use a macro.

Quote:
I will look at adding a percent for the time remaining but I think Nadger and I looked at that before and the variable wasn't there for display. If it is I will look at putting it on top or next to the bar but I think I am going to leave the bar in for those who want it.
The bar is fine I guess so long as its not taking up too much space.

Is it not possible to use the gamevar that renders the bar to display a percent instead?

In any case, the default minion window is to large. Shrinking it would be my main request.
http://www.concilioerus.com
Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I am working on a new version of CoreUI3 and would like to hear what you would like in it.

I would love to have more of the little individual buttons that I can put anywhere!!

But most of all... I want something to reload all my settings/macros after a GM logs into my account and messes it up!!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinqu
I would love to have more of the little individual buttons that I can put anywhere!!
You need more of them? I'll add it to my list but honestly it's not a very high priority since CoreUI has like 500 buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinqu
I want something to reload all my settings/macros after a GM logs into my account and messes it up!!!!
Would be nice wouldn't it? Ask SEO... and while you are at it ask them to save the damn /uiwinscale

Unfortunatly there is nothing we can do
Old 06-12-2008, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the reply techy. I actually didn't realize this was a feature built into the game. I thought the hot bar changing with the stance was something unique to coreui, as I could never find the stock /command to toggle it or anything (until today). So, yeah I guess that would explain why it isn't saving, and mean that it's not a coreui issue, so my apologies

The only reason it was an issue is because I play on the PVP server and depending on where I log in I may be subject to attack as soon as I'm in, before my UI even loads, so you can imagine that opening a settings pannel to toggle something while in combat means my death

Thanks again and keep up the great work!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 AM

Love the new functionality, raid groups auto showing, and all of that, great bit of polish, on an already great UI.

One thing I have really wanted with Core, since I switched, was the option to put individual stats on the screen, for the purpose of monitoring, such as STRENGTH.

Strength is a fickle stat, and because so many factors effect STR, while some being as simple as buffs, and others being in-combat buffs, and bard songs, it would be beneficial, atleast imo, to be able to have this stat on my screen, at all times, rather then pulling up my character sheet, just to check my STR, if I think its dropped bellow cap.

Just an idea. I'm sure there are other similar stats that other class would want to watch, so the option to toggle all of the basic stats, would be helpfull.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplenv
One thing I have really wanted with Core, since I switched, was the option to put individual stats on the screen, for the purpose of monitoring, such as STRENGTH.
The reason I have been hesitent to add this is because the stats are already rather easy to get via the character panal. Each item you add to the UI affects the performance of the game even if you choose not to display it, hence the offline options program.

I am looking into redoing the offline options program and updating it allowing more customization to the UI without affecting performance and in the future I may add the attributes as a window that can be toggled on/off from there.

At the moment my priorities are to add a horizontal buff bar and some new HUDs.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:28 PM

Maddycraft please!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:27 AM

I'm not sure I'm posting in the right thread, but here goes... (It appears I missed a memo about Core changing hands?)

Could we be able to see our "natural" Diplomacy Presences in the third tab of the Diplomacy character sheet? They're currently all "N/A", in my version of Core. I can see clothing and buffs and total values just fine.

Also, is there a way to specify whether to see the fullsize or condensed size cards in the Abilities screen, Diplo tab? The condensed ones are nice, but it's hard to find what I'm looking for, sometimes.

And finally, though I'm a healer some of the time, the healer group bar with the person-shaped Health meter is hard to read for me. Is there an available version that just uses the standard red bar for a groupie's health, but also has associated buttons for target/power use?

Thanks much, and I'm really loving Core!