VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 08-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

v2.2 is out!

Changes:

1. New map for Halls of the Pantheon added to the browser window, split into the lower and upper halls. Shows locations for the deities, bosses, treasure chests and some NPCs. NB: Unlike the APW and NN maps there is no zoom functionality, the map simply toggles between the lower and upper halls. Details for the vaults and the area with the Sisters will be added in a future version of InfoMap.

2. Third civics tab added with details of civic buffs for Halls of the Pantheon. Also updated description for "Cheer the People" and added descriptions for Isle of Dawn academic civics. NB: Pantheon buff descriptions match the latest changes Jansan has made, although they haven't patched to Live yet I think.

3. Resource data layers have been updated. The corrupted steelweave in the SoD zones has been moved off the cloth data layer and onto the diplomacy data layer (like the spores in the Vol Tuniel zones). The normal cloth data layer now only contains the normal steelweave nodes in SoD. The metal data layer still contains the mysterious metal veins in SoD (since these drop the usual normal/rare/ultra-rare t6 metal).

4. Services data layers updated with new altars, etc.

5. Zone information layers updated with resource and mob level changes.

6. Text layers updated with the more recent adventuring areas and outposts. (Although again, Lair of the Vi'Rak isn't actually patch to Live yet.)

7. Key window updated for changes to Shores of Darkness resources.

8. Minor XML changes throughout to meet the schema - no visible changes from this, but it now validates correctly. (Well except for a couple of high level definitions, which for very boring, technical reasons can't be altered and still work anyway!)

9. Added options to the UICustomizer program for disabling the new tabs in the browser window.

And the pretty pics:

Old 11-28-2009, 07:03 PM

This map pack sure looks nice, and I've spent the better part of the day trying to get it to run. I'm running vista for one, and another (and what I suspect may be the problem) is that I bought the game from Steam.

I follow the instructions, and get everything right, but the map refuses to load. The rift maps work (I dont think they were there before) but nothing else.

The vanguard.ini isnt in C:\Program Files\Sony\Vanguard\bin it's run through steam/userapps/commonfiles etc. Is this the reason it isnt working? I read about opening the .ini as admin, but there isnt an option to open a txt file that way, only .exe it seems so there isnt much I can think of doing on that front.

And as an aside while I'm here, my resolution refuses to stay at native. I run 1680x1050 but it constantly defaults back to 1600x900 when I restart. It doesnt really effect much, but I have to rearange certain parts of the ui every time even if I let it stay at the other resolution.

The vanguard.ini file has the correct resolution set it just wont appear in game. Either there is a way that I am unaware of that will let me open this .ini as the admin, or the maps and uis (DroxUI wont work either) just arent made to work with steam.

If you have any info that could help I'd appreciate it. I was enjoying the game until someone told me about infomap and now that Ive seen it I want to use it. Thanks fellas.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

Hi Tavas,

It's Vanguard\bin\vgclient.ini you're looking for, not vanguard.ini. There isn't a vanguard.ini, only the main Vanguard.exe. Sounds like you also need to turn on the file extensions so you can see them?

I didn't know Steam installed Vanguard differently. If the vgclient.ini is in a different place for you, please let me know the full path and I can add this to the installation instructions.

As for resolution, if you're playing windowed and the window doesn't automatically maximise when the client starts - I've had the same thing for a long time. I don't think there's a solution, but there are workarounds so it's not a problem really.

First, always maximise the window when you're at the character selection screen, before you load a character into the game. The UI will then load correctly because the window is the right size when the game starts.

Second, you can save UI layouts. Many of the full UI mods have options on buttons for this, but you can also just type "/saveui somename". Then "/loadui somename" later on to bring it back. You can switch between different layouts this way, but it also works nicely for creating a backup of your layout.

Even simpler, there is a "/reloadui" command which will put the UI back to the last saved layout configuration (i.e. when you last exited the game). If something goes a bit wierd on you, try this first.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:33 AM

I appreciate the fast reply, I did a full reinstall last night using only the station launcher, instead of steam and it put all my files in the same directory this time (no idea what happend last time, but I installed from steam so it had the two directories).

Anyways everything looks and runs great, except that the game just doesnt want me to play in 1680x1050. It defaults back down to 1600x900 no matter what I do when I restart. Which usually means my chat bars are a few pixels off every time but this is a minor issue to me now that I at least have your map working. Thanks for your time though I do appreciate it.
Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM

I've put a post on the VGPlayers forums about what I'm planning to add to InfoMap next. Also a request for some help, I'm hoping people will start contributing with logging data for the mod again.

The post is here:
http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/po...topic_id=51925

Please take a look.