VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old Yesterday, 05:48 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

Hi Diplomats,

v1.4 was released last week to go with the new GearSwitcher mod, it has a little button to open/close just the diplo station bank of buttons in GearSwitcher.

Now Heyu has given me a great idea for small addition to MiniCards - buttons for /citystatus and /parleyassess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyu
/parleyasses brings up only civic diplomacy, its helpful if you are parley a npc that has alot of dialogue and even a npc who have wares to show you dont miss click. It's easier on grinding parlies for xp and whatnot. You just target your npc and atm I just have it macro'd but /parleyasses them and it only brings up Civic Diplomacy.

my macro is actually
/targetnearestnpc
/parleyasses
For the /parleyassess I'm wondering how it would work in practice. What do most people do?

Do you run around with the strategy deck open when parleying? I don't tend to leave it open. So adding a button for this to the deck may not work so well? The process becomes:

Run to NPC => open deck => hit button to open parleys.

As opposed to:

Run to NPC => hail to see parleys (but scroll through other options first)

Maybe if repeating multiple parleys on one NPC, which is what Heyu is describing. Then if you're not running around you'd leave the deck open.

Or... another radical suggestion would be to chain these commands to the button that opens the strategy window. Then if you're standing by an NPC when you hit it, it'll open the deck and the NPC parley options. Of course it might get annoying if the target range is too great and you just want to open the deck for some other reason?

I think I'll need to play around with some of these ideas to see how they work in practice.

For /citystatus, that would be very easy to do but I still haven't given up on my hopes of making a UI window to report the city levers nicely.

Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soresha
Hi Diplomats,

v1.4 was released last week to go with the new GearSwitcher mod, it has a little button to open/close just the diplo station bank of buttons in GearSwitcher.

Now Heyu has given me a great idea for small addition to MiniCards - buttons for /citystatus and /parleyassess.

For the /parleyassess I'm wondering how it would work in practice. What do most people do?

Do you run around with the strategy deck open when parleying? I don't tend to leave it open. So adding a button for this to the deck may not work so well? The process becomes:

Run to NPC => open deck => hit button to open parleys.

As opposed to:

Run to NPC => hail to see parleys (but scroll through other options first)

Maybe if repeating multiple parleys on one NPC, which is what Heyu is describing. Then if you're not running around you'd leave the deck open.

Or... another radical suggestion would be to chain these commands to the button that opens the strategy window. Then if you're standing by an NPC when you hit it, it'll open the deck and the NPC parley options. Of course it might get annoying if the target range is too great and you just want to open the deck for some other reason?

I think I'll need to play around with some of these ideas to see how they work in practice.

For /citystatus, that would be very easy to do but I still haven't given up on my hopes of making a UI window to report the city levers nicely.

I've always thought the way you have it set up is that the parley strategy, the place where your cards was set up to be more of a control panel. Since you have so much on it already. So I leave my cards up the entire Im grinding diplo. So with my parleyasses macro, I can open a parley in fewer clicks. My method is more

stand infront of npc>click parley asses macro>start parely

as opposed to

right click npc>hunt for civic diplomacy in dialogue box>accidentally click "I'm in need of directions">farwell>right click npc again as he starts to walk off

Not saying I click the wrong thing everytime but we have all done it lol.

I like the parleyasses command, it brings up the "Civic Diplomacy" option as well as parlies for quests (but not quests seems kinda silly imo).

Normal /parleyasses

Old Today, 12:58 PM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

Thinking some more, it may just require a change in habits for people like me. It wouldn't hurt to get into the habit of always opening the deck first anyway, there's been more than one occasion I've started my deity parley and then realised it's still on a civic pushing deck... instant fail, doh.